Rajiv Kumar (IAS:1984:JH) appointed as Secretary, Dept of Financial Secretary, commonly known as Banking Secretary. He replaces Ms Anjuly Chib Duggal (IAS:1981:PB). Currently he serves as EO, DOPT.
Dr Asha Ram Sihag (IAS:1983:HP) appointed as Secretary, Department of Heavy Industry. He replaces Girish Shankar (IAS:1982:BH) who retires today. Currently Sihag serves as Secretary Coordination, Cabinet Secretariat.
Ms Surina Rajan (IAS:1985:HY) appointed as DG, Bureau of Indian Standards in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary (GoI). Currently she serves as Additional Secretary, Department of Defence Production.
Dr Inder Jit Singh (IAS:1985:KL) appointed as Additional Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat, vice Dr Asha Ram Sihag. Currently he serves as Additional Secretary, Department of Commerce.
Surendra Nath Tripathi (lAS:1985:OR) appointed as Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare vice Sunil Kumar Singh (lAS:1983:BH) who was recently recently repatriated to the cadrestate of Bihar.Currently, Tripathy serves as Additional Secretary & Development Commissioner, Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises.
Dr N Baijendra Kumar (IAS:1985:CG), presently in the cadre, appointed as CMD, National Mineral Development Corporation under the Ministry of Steel.
Ms Veena Ish (IAS:1985:AP), currently Member (Administration) NHAI, appointed as Additional Secretary, Department of Land Resources.
Ms Rajni Sekhri Sibal (IAS:1986:HY), presently in the cadre, appointed as DG, Employment & Training, Ministry of Labour & Employment in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
Pradip Kumar Tripathi (IAS:1987:JK) appointed as Establishment Officer & Additional Secretary in the Department of Personnel & Training as vice Rajiv Kumar.
Rajesh Bhushan (IAS:1987:BH) appointed as Additional Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat vice Alok Tandon (IAS:1986:UP). Currently Bhushan serves as Joint Secretary, Departmentof Rural Development.
Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi (IAS:1987:MP), appointed as Director General, National Skill Development Agency (NSDA). Currently he serves as Chairman, CBSE in the rank of Additional Secretary.
Satyajeet Rajan (IAS:1987:KL) appointed as DG, Tourism in the rank of Additional Secretary. Currently he serves in the cadre state.
Rameswhar Prasad Gupta (IAS:1987:GJ), currently MD NAWADCO, appointed as Additional Secretary, NITI Aayog. He will continue as MD, NAWADCO as additional charge.
Ali Raza Rizvi (IAS:1988:HP) appointed as Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting vice Subhas Sharma(IAS:1984:BH) who was recently repatriated to his parent cadre.Currently Rizvi serves as Additional Secretary, Department of Commerce. His appointment as CMD, NMDC stands cancelled.
Apurva Chandra (IAS:1988:MH), presently in the cadre, appointed as Additional Secretary, Department of Defence Production vice Ms Surina Rajan.
Ms Anita Karwal (IAS:1988:GJ) appointed as Chairperson, Central Board of Secondary Educationvice R K Chaturvedi. Currently she serves as Additional Secretary, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
Vinod Kumar Yadav (IRSEE:1980), presently in the cadre, appointed as Additional Secretary, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
The tenure of additional charge of Ms Anita Praveen (IAS:1989:TN) as CEO, Price Stabilization Fund Trust (PSFT) has been extended for a period of another six months beyond 01 July 2017.Currently she serves as Joint Secretary, Department of Commerce.
(Updated: 31 August 2017 @ 08.20 pm)
Sanjiv Kumar Mittal (IAS:1987:UP) prematurely repatriated to the cadre state of Uttar Pradesh.
Three IRS (IT) officers empanelled to hold Chief Commissioner of Income Tax (CCIT) rank post for the panel year 2016-17. They are: Vijay Kumar, T Sasi Kumar and Rajib Kumar Hota.
Additional charge of the post of Permanent Representative to the Permanent Delegation of India (PDI), UNESCO (Paris) has been given to the Head of Mission in the Embassy of India, Paris for a period of three months. It may be noted that currently, the post of Head of the Mission is vacant.
The tenure of Vinay Srivastava (IRSME:1992) as PS to Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar was extended for period up to 21 July 2019.
Ms Padma Angmo (IIS:2005) appointed to the post of Director ((Voter Education) in International Institute of Democracy & Election Management (IIDEM).
Mankoskar Surendra Kumar Chandrakant Rao, Addl. Commissioner of Customs and Central Excise, empanelled to be hold Commissioner rank posts in Customs & Central Excise.
(Updated: 30 August 2017 @ 08 pm)
Dr N. Yuvaraj (IAS:2005:AP) appointed as PS to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.
(Updated: 29 August 2017 @ 08 pm)
Shreedhar Babu Addanki (IAS:2008:UT) appointed to the post of Secretary, Tobaco Board (Guntur) under the Dept of Commerce.
Satish Singh (IRSME:1996) appointed Director, Ministry of Defence.
Tenure of Gyandndra Kumar Dwivedi (ITS:1993) as Director, Dept of Social Justice & Empowerment, gets extension for 03 months beyond 09 Sept 2017.
(Updated: 28 August 2017 @ 08 pm)
Randhir Kumar Jaiswal (IFS:1988) empanelled to hold Joint Secretary rank post in Govt of India and simultaneously appointed as Social Secretary to the President of India for a period of two years.
Dr Nachiket Madhusudan Mor re-appointed as Member of the Eastern Local Board of RBI for a period of 04 yrs.
Ms Harsha Dass (IRPS:1999) appointed as Director, Dept of Expenditure for a period of 04 yrs.
Praveen Siddharth (IRS IT:2001) appointed OSD in President’s Secretariat.
(Updated: 24 August 2017 @ 08 pm)
Ashwani Lohani (IRSME:1980) appointed to the post of Chairman, Railway Board vice A K Mital. Currently he is CMD of Air India Limited.
(Updated: 23 August 2017 @ 08 pm)
Justice Bansi Lal Bhat, former Judge of J&K High Court and Justice A.I.S. Cheema, former Judge, Bombay High Court appointed to the posts of Judicial Member, National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) for a period of three years or till 67 yrs age.
Lalit Kumar Gupta (IAS:1987:TR) Joint Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs was prematurely repatriated to his parent cadre on grounds of availing promotion in the cadre.
Satyendra Kumar (IPS:2007:RJ) appointed Deputy Secretary in Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change.
Ajay Vipin Nanavati appointed as Non Official Director, Non-Executive Chairman in Syndicate Bank for a period of three years.
(Updated: 22 August 2017 @ 08 pm)
Ashish Kumar (IAS:2005:TN) appointed as OSD to Dr Jitendra Singh, MoS (IC) for DONER, PMO, Min of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Atomic Energy & Space in the rank of Deputy Secretary.
(Updated: 21 August 2017 @ 08 pm)
The tenure of M. V. S Rami Reddy, (IAS:1998:UP) as DDG, UIDAI (Regional Office, Hyderabad) has been extended for a period of three months.
Saurabh Jain (IAS:2002:KL) appointed as Private Secretary to Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism and Culture. Jain replaced Ravinder (IAS:199:UP) who was recently appointed as JS, DIPP (Ministry of Commerce).
Amir Saran (IRSME:1995) appointed as Director, Ministry of Mines (Govt of India)
B H Anil Kumar (IAS:1987:KN) has been given additional charge of CEO, Khadi Village Industries Corporation (KVIC) for a period of 03 months w.e.f 17.07.2017. Currently he serves as Joint Secretary, MSME.
A Seshagirirao appointed as CMD, Telecommunications Consultant India Limited (TCIL). Currently he serves as Director, RCIL.
(Updated: 17 August 2017 @ 20:05 pm)
- Four IAS officers repatriated to cadre state of Bihar namely; Sunil Kumar Singh (IAS:1983:BH), Dr Subhas Sharma (IAS:1984:BH), Udai Singh Kumawat (IAS:1993:BH) and Ms A N Safeena (IAS:1997:BH).
- Dr. I.V. Subba Rao, IAS (Retd.) appointed as Secretary to the Hon’ble Vice President of India, on contract basis, in the rank and pay of Secretary, for a period of 2 years initialy.
- Justice N.K. Patil, retired Judge, Karnataka High Court appointed as Judicial Member, Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL) for a period of three years.
- Damodar Singh, (Retd. Addl. District and Sessions Judge, Faizabad) and Shyam Sunder Garg (Retd. District and Sessions Judge, Bhind) appointed as Presiding Officer in Central Government Industrial Tribunal-cum-Labour Court, Nagpur. They will serve on the post upto 65 years of age.
(Updated: 16 August 2017 @ 05.45 pm)
- Tenure of L C Goyal (Retd IAS:KL), the incumbent CMD, ITPO, has been extended for another one year beyond 01 Sept 2017.
- The ACC cleared the appointment of Debasis Jana (Director, Planning; AYCL) to the post of CMD, Andrew Yule & Co. Ltd (AYCL).
- Naveen Bhushan Gupta (GM, PFC) appointed to the post of Director (Finance) Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) for a period 30 June 2020.
- The ACC cleared the appointment of Santosh Sharma (Director, Operations; HCL) appointed to the post of CMD, Hindustan Copper Corporation Ltd (HCL).
- Deependra Kumar (IRSME:1996) appointed as Director, Dept of Expenditure.
- Emandi Shankara Rao, Director & CEO, IAMCL (IDF) & CGM, IIFCL appointed as MD & CEO, IFCI Ltd for a period of 03 years.
- Nizamuddin (ITS:2005) appointed as Director, Ministry of Minority Affairs.
(Updated: 14 August 2017 @ 05.45 pm)
- David Rasquinha appointed as Managing Director, Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) for a period of 03 yrs. Earlier David served as Deputy MD of Exim Bank.
- Dinesh Arora (IAS:2002:KL) appointed as Director, Niti Aayog. Currently he serves as Executive Director, Rural Electrification Corporation (REC).
- Tenure of Sambit Tripathy (IRS IT:1998) as OSD to Union Petroleum Minister was extended up to 14 June 2019.
- Vijay Mohan Jain (IRS C&CE:1995), OSD to MoS Dr Jitendra Singh, repatriated to Dept of Atomic Energy to avail promotion benefit.
- Ms Anis Joseph Chandra (IRS C&CE:1995) repatriated to her cadre to avail the benefits of promotion. Currently she serves as Director, Department of Commerce.
(Updated: 11 August 2017 @ 02.00 pm)
Satinder Pal Singh (IPS:1995:HP) appointed Joint Secretary, Ministry of Shipping.
(Updated: 09 August 2017 @ 02.00 pm)
- Sunil Jain (IRTS:1987) appointed CVO, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) at the level of Joint Secretary.
- Sharat Chand Tiwari (ITS:1997) appointed CVO, Manganese Ore India Ltd (MOIL), Nagpur at the level of Director.
- Budhi Prakash Sharma (ITS:1999) appointed as CVO, South Eastern Coalfields Ltd (SECL), Bilaspur at the level of Director.
- Ms Veena Kumari Verma (IRTS:2000) appointed as CVO, Central Board of School Education (CBSE) at the level of Director.
- Santanu Saha (IOFS:2001) appointed as CVO, Indian Ordnance Factory, Kolkata at the level of Director.
(Updated: 08 August 2017 @ 09.00 pm)
- Central Deputation tenure of Anurag Garg (IPS:1993:HP), Jt Director, CBI, has been extended for a period up to 30 November 2017. Currently he is pursuing NDC Course since December last year.
- Tenure of Nilesh Kumar Gupta (IRS C&CE:1997), ADG, Central Economic Intelligence Bureau (CEIB), has been extended for period up to 25 Sept 2017 beyond 25 March 2017.
(Updated: 07 August 2017 @ 06.00 pm)
- Dr Prasanna Kumar Dash appointed Member, Customs & Central Excise Settlement Commission (Mumbai) (w.e.f 14 July 2017)
- Dr Arvind Panagaria’s request to relieve him from the post of Vice Chairman, Niti Aayog accepted.
- Dr Rajiv Kumar appointed as Vice Chairman, Niti Aayog vice Dr Arvind Panagaria w.e.f 01 September 2017.
- Dr Vinod Kumar Paul (Pediatrician, AIIMS) appointed as full-time Member, Niti Aayog.
- Ms S Aparna (IAS:1988:GJ) appointed as Executive Director, World Bank. She replaces Subhash Garg (IAS:1983:RJ).
(Updated: 05 August 2017 @ 06.00 pm)
The ACC clears the appointment of 22 Joint Secretaries in Govt of India as follows:
- Atul Kumar Tiwari (IAS:1990:KN) appointed as Joint Secretary, Dept of Rural Development. Currentlyhe serves as Resident Commissioner, Karnataka Bhawan (Govt of Karnataka) vice Santosh A. Mathew (IAS:1985:BH).
- Rakesh Ranjan (IAS:1992:MN) appointed as Member Secretary (JS level), National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Authority (NPPA) under the Dept of Pharmaceuticals vice Ms. Sharmila Mary Joseph (IAS:1997:KL). Currently, he serves as Jt Secretary, dept of Higher Education (MHRD).
- Govind Mohan (IAS:1989:SK) appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, vice Saurabh Garg (IAS:1991:OR).
- Anil Kumar Agarwal (IPS:1988:UP) appointed as Joint Secretary, Dept of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) vice Ms Ravneet Kaur (IAS:1988:PB).
- Ms Archana Varma (IAS:1995:AM) appointed as Additional Secretary (JS level), Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). She replaces Salim Haque (IPoS:1984).
- Anil Sant (IAS:1988:UP) appointed as Additional Registrar General (JS level) in the Office of Registrar General & Census Commissioner India under MHA Vice C K Khetain (IAS:1987:CG). Presently he serves as JS, MoEF&CC.
- Ms. Anju Bhalla (CSS) appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Science & Technology vice Ms. Anita Chauhan (CSS).
- Ms. Bharati (IFoS:1992:SK) appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Power vice Ms. Jyoti Arora (IAS:1987:HY).
- Lok Ranjan (IAS:1989:TR) appointed as Jt Secretary, Dept of Financial Services by temporarily upgrading a vacant post of Director vice Mihir Kumar (IDAS:1996).
- Kishore B (IAS:1993:AP) appointed as Jt Secretary, Dept of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries vice Dr E Ramesh Kumar (lAS:1989:MP).
- Ram Krishna Khandelwal (IAS:1989:BH) appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Food & Public Distribution vice Prashant Trivedi (IAS:1989:UP)
- Kamal Datta (IFoS:1994:UT) appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Food & Public Distribution vice T K Manoj Kumar (IAS:1987:KL).
- Ritesh Kumar Singh (IAS:1996:KN) appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, (MoEF&CC) vice Manoj Kumar Singh (IAS:1988:UP).
- Roshan Jaggi (IFoS:1988:UT) appointed as Jt secretary, Ministry of AYUSH vice Anurag Srivastava (IAS:1992:UP).
- Ravinder Goyal (IRTS:1987) appointed as Advisor (JS level), NITI Aayog vice Anil Kumar Jain (IAS:1986:MP).
- Surendra Singh Meena (IAS:1993:JH) appointed as JJoint Secretary, Department of Social Justice & Empowerment vice Ms. Ghazala Meenai (A&AS:1985).
- Sanjai Singh (ICAS:1993) appointed as Joint Secretary, Department of Defence vice Deepak Anurag (IA&AS:1988).
- Satinder Pal Singh (IPS:1996:HP) appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Shipping vice Barun Mitra (IAS:1987:MN).
- Amit Kumar Ghosh (IAS:1994:UP) appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways vice Ms Leena Nandan (IAS:1987:UP).
- Vinod Kumar Jindal (ICoAS:1988) appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs vice Praveen Prakash (IAS:1994:AP).
- Sandip Mukund Pradhan (IRS IT:1990) appointed as DDG (JS level), Sports Authority of India (SAl). Dept of Sports.
- Ms. Chhavi Jha (IRAS:1990) appointed as Joint Secretary, Dept of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare.
- Harish Kumar (ITS:2001) appointed as Director, Ministry of Culture.
- Pradeep Kumar Yadav (IPS:2002:PB) repatriated from UP to Punjab before completion his tenure (Inter-cadre deputation).
- Ms Anju Rathi Rana (Indian Legal service) appointed as Joint Secretary & Legal Adviser in Ministry of Law & Justice.
- Brig Ajay Gangwar appointed as Adviser (Operations & Communications), National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
- Ashok Gupta (IOFS 1988) Dir, Dept of Defence Production, appointed as ADG (Program) Prasar Bharti. His tenure in Def Min has been curtailed and accordingly.
- The post of Dy Secretary (dept of Expenditure) held by Bharatendu Kumar Singh (IDAS:2003) re-designated as Director.
- Dr Rajani R Ved appointed as Executive Director, National Health System Resource Centre (NHSRC).
- Dr Ved Prakash Thapliyal appointed as Director, Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute (CPPRI), Saharanpur.
- Upkar Kumar Kedia (ITS:1996) appointed as CVO (JS level) in MECON Limited, Ranchi for a period of 03 yrs vice Ms. Supriya Jaiswal (ITS:1997).
- T R Shaji (ITS:1990) appointed as CVO Fertilizers & Chemicals Travancore Limited (FACT), Kochi under Department of Fertilizers for a period of 3 years vice J Vinayan (IRTS:1994).
- Shyam Singh Negi (IES:1993) appointed as CVO, Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL), Shimla vice B N S Negi (IPS:1988:HP).
- Neeraj Sinha (IPS:1987:JH) appointed as CVO, Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC), New Delhi vice Satnam S. Badhwan (IFoS:1986:JH).
- Sunil Jain (IRTS:1987) appointed as CVO, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), New Delhi vice Manoj Pant (IFoS:1986:JK).
- A K Poddar (IPoS:1987) laterally appointed as CVO, RITES Ltd (New Delhi) vice Prabhat R Deo (IPS:1986:HY) for a period ending 23 May 2019. Currently he serves as CVO, CONCOR.
- The post of CVO (JS level), JNPT has been downgraded from JS level to Director level fora period of 05 year.
(Updated: 04 August 2017 @ 06.00 pm)
- Mohammad Mustafa (IAS:1995:UP) appointed as CMD, Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for a period of 03 Yrs. Currently Mustafa serves as Joint Secretary, Department of Financial Services (DFS))
- Manas Sarkar (IRSE) appointed Director (Project & Planning) Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation on deputation basis. Currently Sarkar serves as Chief Engineer (Construction), Easter Railway.
- Additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) has been given to Ms G Latha Krishna Rao (IAS:1982:KN). Navreet Singh Kang (IAS:1983:PB) repatriated recently to parent cadre.
(Updated: 03 August 2017 @ 06.25 pm)
- Sanjay Kumar (IP&TA&FS:2003) appointed as Director, Dept of Financial Services (Min of Finance).
- Jayant Kumar (IRSME:1996) appointed as Director, Central Vigilance Commissioner.
- Kedar Nath Sharma (ISS:2006) appointed as Dy Secretary, Dept of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare.
- Manoj Kumar (Central Engineering Service, Roads:2003) appointed as Director, Dept of Science & Technology.
- Ms Kusum Singh (IRPS:1984), Joint Secretary, Dept of Defence Production, prematurely repatriated to her parent cadre w.e.f 01 Sept 2017.
(Updated: 02 August 2017 @ 06.30 pm)
Manish Singh (IAS:1997:MP) appointed as Minister (Economic) High Commission of India, London vice Amitabh Jain (IAS:1989:CG). Currently he serves as Jt Secretary, Dept of Investment & Public Asset Management (Govt of India).
Ms Aparna Sinha (IES:1999) appointed as Counsellor (Services) Permanent Mission of India (WTO), Geneva.
Ghazala Meenai (IA&AS:1985) prematurely repatriated to her cadre. Currently she serves as Jt Secretary, Dept of Social Justice & Empowerment.
Tapan Mazumdar (Indian Trade Service:1991) appointed as Counsellor (Services) Permanent Mission of India (WTO), Geneva.
Sanjay Kumar Singh (IAS:1987:MP) has been given additional charge of DG, Bureau of Indian Standards (Dept of Consumer Affairs) for a period of 03 months. Currently Singh serves as Administrator (USOF), Dept of Telecommunications.
John Kingsley (IAS:2004:MP) appointed as Resident Director, Trade Promotion Office, Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) under the Dept of Commerce.
Tenure of M C Luther (CSS:2000) as Joint Secretary & Protector General of Immigrants has been extended. (Updated: 01 August 2017 @ 06.30 pm)