In a selection interview, held todayPESB has finally selected J Ramaswamy for the post of Director (Finance.), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited. Presently Ramaswamy is Executive Director (Corporate Finance) HPCL.
Once his selection is ratified by the Appointment Committee of Cabinet headed by the Prime Minister Ramaswamy would replace K V Rao, the incumbent Director (Fin.) HPCL. Rao is scheduled to retire in the month of September this year.
PESB interviewed nine candidates (05 candidates from HPCL, 02 from NHPC and one each from ONGC & IOCL). The candidates who were interviewed are;
- Satya Prakash Gupta (ED, HPCL)
- J Ramaswamy (ED, HPCL)
- A Vishwanadha Sarma (CFO & CS, HPCL)
- Vinod Kumar Jain (GM, HPCL)
- Rajneesh Narang (GM, HPCL)
- N V N Ramsai (GM, IOCL) and
- Alok Saha (GM, ONGC)
- Dipankar Chakraborty (GM, NHPC)
- Harjeet Singh Puri (GM, NHPC)
Once cleared by ACC Ramaswamy will Director (Fin.) of HPCL; a GoI Enterprise which enjoys Navratna Status and has an annual sales/income from operations to the tune of 2.32 lac crore as per FY 2013-14 data.