In selection interview held on March 11, PESB has selected S K Acharya ( DIR, HR, NLC) for the post of Chairman and Managing Director, Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC). Once the selection is ratified by the ACC, S K Acharya will succeed B Surender Mohan as CMD, NLC who is scheduled to retire on September 30, 2015.
Shri Acharya is an expert in strategic HR with equal proficiency in operations, he carries with him over 32 years of rich and varied experience of working in HR in BHEL (Heavy Engineering Sector), NTPC (Power Sector), NTPC-SAIL Power Company (Power Sector with blended culture of Steel Sector) and now in NLC (Mining cum Power Sector).
In the selection interview as many as 8 candidates had appeared before PESB. They are
1. S K ACHARYA, DIR (HR), NLC
2. RAKESH KUMAR, DIR (FIN), NLC
3. NAGENDRA KUMAR, DIR (TECH), CIL
4. MALAY CHATTERJEE, CMD, KIOCL
5. C KANNAN, DIR (FIN), SECI
6. N L MANJOKA, DIR (CP), HUDCO (Lien with CONCOR)
7. V V VENU GOPAL RAO, DIR (FIN), HCL
8. P JAYAPAL, DR. ED., HUDCO
Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited, a “Navratna” Government of India Enterprise, comes under the administrative control of Ministry of Coal.