M Narayan Rao, the incumbent CMD, had taken over as CMD on July 27, 2006 and is scheduled to retire on August 31, 2015.
In the selection interview as many as 11 candidates had appeared before PESB. They are
1. DR. D K LIKHI, DIR (P&M), MIDHANI
2. KUSHAL SAHA, DIR(PROD),HEC
3. M P ESHWAR, CMD, IL
4. P UDAYAKUMAR, DIR(P&M), NSIC
5. A K SRIVASTAV, GM, SPMCIL
6. U K SINGH, GM, SAIL
7. SRIKRISHNA CHERVU, GM, IOCL
8. ATUL SHUKLA GM, BHEL
9. DEBASHIS DEB, GM, HAL
10. S GIRISH KUMAR, SR.VP,HLL
11. AVM A K BHATTACHARYA , MOD
MIDHANI, a schedule “B” PSU under the administrative control of Ministry of Defence is managed by a Board of Directors comprising CMD, Director (Production & Marketing) and Director (Finance).