New Delhi (13.07.2021): PM Narendra Modi has reconstituted six Cabinet committees and set up two new committees.
While the new committees will oversee investment and employment, the six older ones will deal with appointments, economic affairs, political affairs, security, accommodation, and parliamentary affairs.
The following is the list:
1. Appointments Committee of the Cabinet: It includes Prime Minister Narendra Modi; Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs, and Minister of Cooperation.
2. Cabinet Committee on Accommodation: It includes Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs; Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways; Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Finance, Minister of Corporate Affairs; Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce & Industry, Minister of Textiles; and Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Special Invitees: Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) Minister of science technology, Minister of State in PMO.
3. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs: Prime Minister, Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence, Amit Shah, Nitin Gadkari, Nirmala Sitharaman, Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Agriculture & Farmer Welfare, Minister of Rural Development, and Minister of Panchayati Raj, S. Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, Piyush Goyal, and Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Education, Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
4. Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs: Raj Nath Singh, Amit Shah, Nirmala Sitharaman, Narendra Singh Tomar, Arjun Munda, Minister of Tribal Affairs, Pralhad Joshi, Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, Minister of Coal and Mines, Virendra Kumar, Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment, Kiren Rijiju, Minister of Law and Justice, and Anurag Singh Thakur, Minister of Information & Broadcasting
Special Invitees: Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State in the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, and V Muraleedharan, Minister of State for External Affairs
5. Cabinet committee on political affairs: Prime Minister, Raj Nath Singh, Amit Shah, Nitin Gadkari, Nirmala Sitharaman, Narendra Singh Tomar, Smriti Z Irani, Minister of Women and Child Development, Piyush Goyal, Pralhad Joshi, Sarbananda Sonowal, Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Minister of Ayush, Giriraj Singh, Minister of Rural Development and Minister of Panchayati Raj, Mansukh Mandavia, Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Chemical and Fertiliser, Bhupinder Yadav, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Minister of Labour and Employment.
6. Cabinet Committee on Security: Prime Minister, Rajnath Singh, Amit Shah, Nirmala Sitharaman, and S. Jaishankar.
7. Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth: Prime Minister, Raj Nath Singh, Amit Shah, Nitin Gadkari, Nirmala Sitharaman, Piyush Goyal, Narayan Rane, Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Minister of Civil Aviation, and Ashwini Vaishnav, Minister of Railways, Minister of Communications and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology.
8. Cabinet Committee on Employment & Skill Development: Prime Minister, Raj Nath Singh, Amit Shah, Nirmala Sitharaman, Narendra Singh Tomar, Piyush Goyal, Dharmendra Pradhan, Ashwini Vaishnav, Minister of Railways, Minister of Communications and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Hardeep Singh Puri, and Bhupendra Yadav.
Special Invitees: Nitin Gadkari, Ramchandra Prashad Singh, Minister of Steel, G Kishan Reddy, Minister of Culture, Tourism, and Development of North Eastern Region.