With the selection of Atul Sobti for the post of CMD, BHEL on June 04, 2015 BHEL seem to continue with its history. PESB is now sending its recommendation to Appointment Committee of Cabinet for its approval. Right before the selection interview the corridors of PSUs and Ministries seemed quite curious whether BHEL would continue with its history or would it set new history for itself. The buzz revolved around the fact that BHEL never got its CMDs from outside.
Once the selection is ratified by the ACC, Atul Sobti (Director, Power, BHEL) would succeed B Prasad Rao on January 01, 2016. Recently Mr Sobti, has been given the additional charge of Director (Finance), after P K Bajpayee relinquished the charge on superannuation on May 31.
In the selection interview 11 candidates had appeared before PESB. They are;
1. Atul Sobti, DIR (POWER), BHEL
2. M K Sharma, ED, BHEL
3. DR. Uumakanta Choudhury, ED, BHEL
4. N R Edkie, ED, BHEL
5. S K Pattanayak, DIR (FIN), HEC
6. Rajeev Sharma, CMD, REC
7. Vijay Anad, DIR (PROJ), RVNL
8. Rajeev Bhardwaj, DIR (HR), SECI (Lien with CONCOR)
9. Kulamani Biswal, DIR (FIN), NTPC
10. S Borghain, DIR (PERS), NEEPCO (Lien with PGCIL)
11. P K Mukhopadhyay, MEMBER (SECRETARY), DVC
PESB had advertised the post of CMD in the first week of February this year. The incumbent CMD, B Prasad Rao, is now expected to continue till December 31, 2015 who had got extension for two years beyond his superannuation on December 2013.