In selection interview held on March 30, PESB has selected A K Jha (Dir (P&P), MOIL) for the post of Chairman And Managing Director, Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL).
Once the selection is ratified by the ACC, A K Jha will succeed A N Sahay, who is scheduled to superannuate on October 31 this year. Mr. Sahay had taken over as CMD on February 08, 2011.
In the selection interview as many as 11 candidates had appeared before PESB. They are
1. A K Jha, Director (P&P), MOIL (Lien with CIL)
2. Ms Shantilata Sahu, Director (Pers), NCL/CIL
3. R N Jha, Director (Tech), MECL (Lien with CIL)
4. J P Singh, Director (Tech), MCL/CIL
5. Shekhar Saran, Dir (Tech), CMPDIL/CIL
6. K S Patro, Dir (Pers), ECL/CIL
7. B R Reddy, Dir (Tech), ECL/CIL
8. Gunadhar Pandey, Dir (Tech), NCL/CIL
9. C E Kindo, ED, NMDC
10. S S Mishra, IRTS, MOR
11. Nitin Dhimole, IRSS, MOR
Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, one of the major coal producing company of India, is one of the eight subsidiaries of Coal India Limited. Mahanadi Coalfields Limited was carved out of South Eastern Coalfields Limited in 1992 with its headquarters at Sambalpur. It has its coal mines spread across Odisha. There are 45 sanctioned mining projects in MCL with a capacity of 190.83 Mty of coal.